Research Assistant Professor in Research Computing
The University of Pittsburgh Center for Research Computing (CRC) invites application for a Research Assistant Professor position, non-tenure stream, in one of the following areas: computational science, digital humanities, scientific computing, high-performance computing, machine learning, data intensive computing, image processing, or bioinformatics.
1) PhD or equivalent
2) Prior experience with applying advanced computing to problems in science, social science, or humanities
3) Strong verbal and written communication skills
4) An open, inquisitive, and collaborative mindset
The primary responsibilities will be to serve as a High Performance Computing or Data Science research facilitator, and will include:
1) Engage and collaborate with faculty and students using computational methods in their research.
2) Work with other CRC personnel in installing, maintaining, and supporting relevant software packages used by the Pitt community.
3) Provide training workshops on computational methodology.
4) Suggest improvements to hardware and software infrastructure as well as educational priorities which further computationally-driven research at Pitt.
5) Respond to user tickets
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s background/experience. The salary range is $60,000 to $90,000.
You will be joining a dedicated team who advance leading-edge research by focusing on growing the productivity of Pitt researchers through the application of advanced computing. Your efforts will be supporting a world-renowned teaching and research faculty.
Are you interested in making an impact? If so, please submit a CV and a cover letter to Ralph Roskies, Chief Scientist, Center for Research Computing (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cover letter should specifically address how your background, experience, and career goals align with the responsibilities of this position. Also provide names and contact information for three references.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets