Context And Mission
The Language Technologies Unit at BSC has a consolidated experience in several NLP areas, such as massive language model building, biomedical text mining, machine translation and unsupervised learning for under-resourced languages and domains. It has been entrusted by the Spanish and the Catalan government, with the mission to develop fundamental open-source resources and technologies for Spanish and Catalan. In connection with this, the LT Unit is currently in charge of two flagship projects at the national and regional level: the Spanish National Language Technology Plan, funded by the Spanish Secretariat of Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence, and the AINA project, aimed at developing AI resources for Catalan, funded by the Catalan Digitalisation Department. In addition, the Unit participates in various EU funded international projects.
The LT Unit at BSC is looking for a web developer to join the development team. The web developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving web applications that power our AI showcase demonstrations and pre-comercial ML products. The successful candidate will work in a highly sophisticated HPC environment, will have access to state-of-the-art systems and computational infrastructures.
- Develop and maintain web applications with modern technologies.
- Write high-quality code with performance, security and scalability in mind.
- Design and implement user interface components.
- Identify and address performance issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications.
- Deploy web applications to production.
- Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related disciplines
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Demonstrable experience with server-side scripting languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby or Java
- Experience with Database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Experience with JS web frameworks such as Angular, React or similar
- An understanding of fundamental web design principles to build a scalable web application using web services and APIs
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Implementation of security and data protection, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements using HTML5/CSS3.
- Designing and implementing user interface components
- Troubleshooting and debugging web applications
- Deploying web applications to production
- Ability to work independently and in a team to complete tasks on schedule.
- Ability to work under set deadlines.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Life Sciences Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: asap