Call for posters: open
Deadline for submissions: 18th March 2019, anywhere on Earth.
Submit via Linklings.
As part of the workshop we invite submissions from women to present their HPC work to the HPC community as a poster and lightening talk. There will be the opportunity to meet with leading employers from across the HPC community and discuss your work with them.
After submission, presenters will be provided with a mentor to aid in the preparation of their poster and lightning talk before the workshop. Submissions for posters are invited as short abstracts (max 300 words) in any area that utilizes high performance computing. Successful authors will be asked to provide a copy-ready electronic version of their poster by May 1st 2019 for publication on the workshop website.
We are encouraging women who consider themselves to be ‘early career’ (i.e. still studying or within five years of graduation) to participate, however this opportunity is open to help everyone who feels they may benefit from presenting their work, irrespective of career stage.
Benefits of participating:
- Present: successful authors will present their work in a lightening talk at the workshop to an HPC audience, including peers and leading women across the international HPC community. Exclusive to ISC19 you will also have the opportunity to present your poster as part of the main ISC19 poster programme.
- Networking: build your HPC network, meet peers and potential employers.
- Advice and mentoring: Receive expert advice and mentorship to help prepare for your poster and presentation, developing skills for the future.
- Participate: the workshop will include a session on ‘Skills to thrive’ in your career. Attend ISC19 and join over 3,500 people to learn about the variety of activities and opportunities in the international high performance computing community.
Submissions are invited on all topics relating to HPC from users and developers. All abstracts should emphasize the computational aspects of the work, such as the facilities used, the challenges that HPC can help address and any remaining challenges etc.
As a poster author you will have the opportunity to share your work with the workshop audience in a brief ‘elevator pitch’ talk. This will be followed by the coffee break where attendees will have the opportunity to view your poster and discuss your work.
To submit your abstract for a poster please prepare your submission as a word or text document (NOT a PDF) containing the following information:
- Author information (For all authors):
- first and last name;
- current institution(s);
- short biography (max 1000 characters);
- country; and
- photograph for website publicity.
- Poster information
- WHPC Poster title;
- abstract (up to 250 words);
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”). The poster should contain the WHPC logo for its display during the ISC main conference. Download a high-resolution of the WHPC logo here.
Submissions now open via Linklings. Deadline for submissions: 18th March 2019, anywhere on Earth.
Notification date: April 10th, 2019.
If you have questions please contact email@example.com.