Reports to: Director of Information Technology
The System Administrator is responsible for all Lincoln College computer system administration, operations and monitoring activities. Also performs a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of the Lincoln College computer systems including storage networks, virtual environments and backup systems.
The System Administrator will work alongside of other IT personnel to monitor networked servers, storage capacity and virtual server utilization, endpoint security systems as well as IT disaster backup and recovery systems.
The System Administrator position will be located on the Lincoln Illinois campus but will be working on all Lincoln College sites and Campuses including assisting students and making repairs in dormitories.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. System administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
2. Assists in supporting server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
3. Performs technology needs analysis.
4. Develop system specifications and written project plans.
5. Works with other IT staff members to maintain documentation of standards and policies.
6. Manages small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
7. Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
8. Develops and maintains backup schedules and archiving of electronic data.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
1. A degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or 3 -5 years of relevant experience; supplemented with one or more certifications or documented completion of industry related training.
2. Three to five years of practical experience as a System Administrator on a small to medium sized network of servers, desktop systems and communications devices using current technologies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Windows servers, Group Policy and Active Directory.
2. Experience with administration of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
3. Experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
4. Experience with administration of VMWare environment.
5. Experience with Veeam backup software.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of software and OS deployment tools, such as MDT, SCCM and WDS.
7. Demonstrated ability to administer a 200+ node network including networked printers and photocopiers.
8. Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server, desktop and BYOD technologies.
9. Pleasant demeanor and positive personality.
10. Excellent verbal and written communications.
11. Close attention to detail and willingness to follow through detailed work.
12. Available for after-hours maintenance windows.
13. Power Shell and other scripting languages for performing system administration.
14. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds and able to spend time standing while working.
This position operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. It may be necessary from time to time to be outside for short periods in hot or cold temperatures. Work may be required in server rooms; IT closets or utility rooms for short periods of time where temperatures can be above or below normal office temperatures. Accommodate flexible work schedules, occasional evening and weekend work to perform routine and emergency maintenance. Ability to travel to any Lincoln College site using College provided transportation.
Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time. Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents. Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in handwritten forms, and printed on paper. Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone. Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds overhead.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Application Instructions: For full consideration, please visit https://lincolncollegejobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/294 to complete the online application.
Lincoln College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.