WHPC’s vision is to provide equality for women working in High Performance Computing
To promote, build and leverage a diverse and inclusive HPC workforce by enabling and energising those in the HPC community to increase the participation of women and highlight their contribution to the success of supercomputing. To ensure that women are treated fairly and have equal opportunities to succeed in their chosen HPC career. To ensure everyone understands the benefits of promoting and achieving inclusivity.
To leverage the interest and engagement of the broader community in diversity initiatives to support the realisation of our vision and mission WHPC has the following strategic objectives:
- Communication: Raise awareness of the under-representation of women and of the impact of this under-representation on women, the community and research outputs and progress.
- Dissemination: Highlight diversity & inclusion initiatives, actions and their positive results to key stakeholders in the supercomputing community.
- Research: Establish a body of evidence on the demographics of the HPC community.
- Visibility: Raise the visibility of women role models in HPC.
- Networking: Provide women with the opportunities to develop their personal professional networks.
- Best practice: Inspire key stakeholders in the supercomputing community to embrace diversity and inclusion initiatives.