Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy
This full-time, permanent role is available immediately in the Department of Computer Science.
This post is specifically designed to manage the delivery and expansion of the L7 Research Scientist (MSc Data Science Professional) degree apprenticeship programme.
You will have responsibility for development and delivery of a number of modules on programme. You will also lead the development and implementation of growth strategy for digital degree apprenticeships which may include new programme development and programme redesign.
You will have responsibility for managing and monitoring this programme. You will work with the Head of Department and Director of Education in operational administration, curriculum development, and quality management and enhancement (including accreditation by relevant professional institutions where appropriate) and will expertly liaise with industry partners through Partnership Boards and employer engagement activities, to ensure the efficient and effective delivery and development of this programme. You will be supported by academic mentors and teaching staff. You will also contribute directly to teaching in one or more of the disciplinary areas, and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the faculty.
For a Senior Lecturer post you will:
· Possess a depth or breadth of specialist knowledge demonstrated by a PhD in Data Science, or equivalent, of the core knowledge relating to data science in order to teach and support learning on data science modules.
· Have a consistent track record of excellent teaching across a variety of modules and levels within your discipline as might be expected of a very experienced HE Teacher.
· Have experience of curriculum development and quality management and enhancement in an HE environment which has involved work at level 7 or extensive engagement with post experience/mature students
· Have experience of managing teams and/or functions in a busy environment with conflicting priorities.
· Contribute to the design, development and delivery a range of modules or programmes at various levels; applying innovative and appropriate teaching techniques; identifying sources of funding and securing funds for own scholarly activities and providing academic leadership to those working within programme areas.
· Be expected to work towards Principal Fellow of the HEA and to attend formal CPD relating to this.
Please ensure you read the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of this role by clicking on the attachment.
What we can offer you:
Freedom (and the support) to pursue your intellectual interests and to work creatively across disciplines;
Support teams that understand the University wide teaching goals and partner with our academics accordingly;
An Innovation, Impact and Business directorate that works closely with our academics providing specialist support for external engagement and development;
· Our Exeter Academic initiative supports high performing academics to achieve their potential and develop their career;
· A multitude of staff benefits including sector leading benefits around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), Paternity leave (up to 6 weeks full pay), and a new Fertility Treatment Policy;
A beautiful campus set in the heart of stunning Devon.
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 and QS World University Ranking 2022). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we’re the fastest growing UK Research University with some of the world’s most influential scientists, and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is of international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework). We encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students. Read about our world leading research – Green Futures and how we are transforming education for a changing world. We are located in a beautiful part of the country and Exeter (a fast growing tech hub) is one of only a few UK cities to have been designated as a UNESCO Creative City
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.
For further information Prof Richard Everson, Head of Computer Science by (email R.M.Everson@exeter.ac.uk).