Women in HPC to host First Annual UK WHPC Breakfast at CIUK 2022
Planned for December 2, 2022 this breakfast welcomes UK members, friends and allies to meet, network, and hear about the latest in diversity initiatives from our community, chapters and affiliates.
The UK-based Chapters and Affiliates of Women in HPC are excited to announce they have been invited to host a breakfast at the annual Computing Insight UK (CIUK) conference this year held at Manchester Central in Manchester, UK on December 1st and 2nd. Taking place from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM this breakfast will allow ample opportunities for pass holders to network and hear about the latest opportunities for increasing diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion in the field of High Performance Computing. We are also proud to have representatives from our UK-based Chapters and Affiliates present on the day to talk with allies and potential members about how they can do more to lift up women and underrepresented groups in our community.
This breakfast is free for registered attendees of the CIUK conference.
What, When + Where
- What: WHPC – Narrowing the Skills Gap + Increasing Equity in HPC
- When: December 2, 2022 from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Where: CIUK 2022 – Manchester Central
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM: Breakfast and Networking
- 9:30 AM: Welcome from WHPC
- 9:35 – 9:55 AM: “Skills, Diversity + Inclusion — Another Aspect of Sustainability in HPC” – presented by Cristin Merritt of Alces Flight
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM: Our Chapters + Affiliates – Getting Involved in WHPC
- 10:15 AM: Q&A with WHPC Volunteers – lead by Georgina Ellis of Logicalis
- Marion Weinzierl, Durham University + N8CIR
- Karen Stoneham, UCL
- Elisabetta Boella, Lancaster University
- 10:30 AM: Close
Please check back as we add more to our schedule, including the speakers and volunteers who will be present on the day!
This breakfast is made possible thanks to the generous support of the UKRI STFC.