The Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) operates one of the most powerful supercomputing infrastructures in Europe and makes it available to researchers at Forschungszentrum Jülich, in Germany, and throughout Europe. The JSC’s High Performance Computing in Neuroscience department provides community-specific support for neuroscientists with respect to complex simulations and data analyses on supercomputers, as well as their methods. It plays a leading role in the Human Brain Project (HBP), an EU-funded Flagship project. The goal of the HBP is to build EBRAINS, a shared digital research infrastructure for brain research. Fenix is the federated data and computing infrastructure underlying EBRAINS.
We are looking to recruit a
Research Scientist – Computer Science, Computational Science or Mathematics
to work on the design and implementation of tools and services for the location and transfer of data within the Fenix infrastructure, and for the monitoring of services deployed in the Fenix and EBRAINS infrastructures.
- Master degree in one of the disciplines listed above
- Experience in programming in C/C++ and in using scripting languages commonly used on Unix systems
- Experience in software engineering and profound knowledge of HPC and/or Cloud data centre environments
- Experience in system administration and handling of complex multidisciplinary software stacks
- Good command of English
- Ability and willingness to work in an international, interdisciplinary and distributed team, as well as to assume responsibility
- Knowledge in the area of computational neuroscience would be a plus
Note that it is not necessary to fulfill all of these requirements in order to be considered for the position.
For a full description and details of how to apply, please see the announcement on our website.