Web Engineer (Technical Support Engineer), REMOTE
As a Web Engineer you will be a critical member within MotionPoint Operations. Our industry-leading solution for web and digital content translation requires no integration and works with all online content management platforms. It can deploy as many localized sites as needed in as many languages as needed.
This proxy-based approach does not require Web Engineering to perform development work but does leverage their knowledge of web development and technologies to accomplish their duties.
Successful candidates will have strong front-end debugging and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to do great work under pressure.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Configuring MotionPoint’s proprietary localization technology and products
- Quickly troubleshooting and resolving website functionality problems
- Communicating technical concepts and collaborating with team members and customers to support project requirements
- Participating in rotating on call shifts (nights/weekends, overtime applies)
- Experience with front-end development and troubleshooting
- Capable of reading and debugging using a browser’s developer console. You will be evaluated on this during the screening process
- Experience with regular expressions, JSON, AJAX, cookies and session handling, digital certificates, single-page applications, and modern frameworks is desired but not required
- Able to think critically in your approach and resolution process with detail-oriented solutions
- Able to work in a team environment
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to work remotely (with company-issued hardware). This position allows for the individual to work from our corporate offices with proper COVID-19 protocols once we reopen, if desired
Why Join Our Team?
- Big brand bragging rights. You’ll be working with very recognizable companies that are sure to impress friends and family
- No formal education requirements. The Web Engineering team recognizes self-driven learning and appreciates the huge effort behind transitions into IT careers
- See the world from your seat. You’re assured constant exposure to new front-end frameworks, content delivery methods, and security practices
- Win lots of battles. You’ll have multiple successes in this position daily and truly make a difference
- Great team atmosphere. You’ll be alongside a group of deeply supportive and diverse colleagues combined with highly approachable managers that treat you like a person (and not a cog)
- Career stability. Many team members have been in Web Engineering for more than a decade because they really love the unique position and mashup of skills needed for it. We love our internal talent, and career advancement opportunities both within and external to this department are available
- Mental, physical, and financial health. Among MotionPoint’s offerings are consolidated wellness/vacation PTO, gym membership reimbursement, medical/dental/vision plans, and 401(k) with matching
MotionPoint (www.motionpoint.com) solves the operational complexity and cost of website localization. Unlike all other approaches, our technology and turn-key solution are built specifically for this purpose. We translate, deploy, and operate multilingual websites, optimizing the customer experience across channels.