Our ALCF division within our CELS directorate is seeking two HPC Systems Administration Specialists to join the team!
In this role you will:
- Design, implement, and manage world-class ALCF supercomputers, with attendant supporting software, and infrastructure, for use by open-science researchers.
- Managing this environment will involve integrating, supporting, and documenting a diverse array of hardware and software. You should have advanced knowledge of Linux, be interested in classical HPC emerging trends and workflows, and be able to work directly with other systems administrators to ensure the continued expansion, reliability, and sustainability of ALCF systems.
- Success in this role means that you can expertly support systems in a complex environment and work efficiently with other operations groups. Researchers will rely on your guidance when it comes to the software and hardware environment so you will have a direct impact on ensuring that their research is productive.
Required qualifications and skills:
Must be able to pass an Office of Personnel Management National Background Investigations Bureau background investigation
Extensive Linux experience
Experience with job-resource managers and cluster operations
Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PERL).
Experience with IB and Ethernet based networks
Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent configuration management tools
Experience with version control platforms (e.g., Git/BitBucket, SVN)
To perform the essential functions of this position successful applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, which is required to comply with federal regulations and contract.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Software packaging, building software from source, and dynamic linking (e.g., RPM or Spack)
Software build tools (e.g., CMake, Make, or Autotools)
HPC user workflows and licensing management
Compute virtualization stacks (e.g., Docker or Singularity)
Lustre parallel file systems
Data movement (e.g., Globus)
HPE/Cray HPC system administration
This position can be hired at one of two levels, and the requirements for each are as follows:
- PT2: Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of experience, or equivalent
- PT3: Bachelor’s degree + 4 years of experience, or a Master’s degree + 2 years of experience, or equivalent