We are looking for an experienced HPC Systems Engineer to join our IT department, delivering continuous improvement of our high-performance computing infrastructure and providing high quality service to our engineering departments.
This is an opportunity to develop fast, scalable, and affordable solutions with a key focus on site reliability. Implementing the best possible tools to enable both world class car development and to optimise decision making at the track.
To succeed in this HPC Systems Engineer position you will need:
- Experience administering Linux clusters, job schedulers and filesystems
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Python
- Excellent experience with large scale storage systems and high-performance networking, Infiniband, MPI, Ethernet
- Configuration management and infrastructure as code tools (Ansible, Terraform, Git, Vault, Jenkins)
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Kafka
You’ll spend your day:
- Developing automation for all aspects of HPC operations and instrument systems for observability and monitoring
- Taking ownership of cutting-edge, greenfield, and emerging projects around the HPC ecosystem in the areas of container orchestration and cloud native
- Helping to develop, launch and optimise new and existing web-based tools to enhance the applications workflow on the HPC systems, working with the HPC users and providing technical support
- Pro-actively reviewing structure of new solutions, participating in team projects and cooperate change management
- Maintain high quality documentation and knowledge base for HPC related areas
Not only is this a fantastic HPC Systems Engineer role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Advanced Technology. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to the function of our grand prix cars.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about this role or apply via the workday link.