Context And Mission
The Operations Department ensures the continuous daily functioning of the RES supercomputers and remote access by users both within Spain and internationally. In addition to all the routine maintenance and operations tasks, the Department staff is also heavily involved in planning and designing new systems and support facilities.
We are offering a position for Junior High-Performance Computing Support. For this position, we are seeking a technology and Linux enthusiastic person who can learn from the basics of the HPC and develop the skills to become a specialist and an essential team member. We work in a warm and positive work atmosphere with close collaboration between us.
Come and join one of the top leading and more powerful supercomputers in Europe!
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Resolve the incidences that the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES) users may have during their executions, as well as assist them in developing their applications to obtain efficient use of the computational resources
- Maintenance of the databases related to the activities and projects of the Center
Help the User Support and applications consultant group with performance application monitoring and parallel optimization.
- Graduated in Computer Science (or related discipline)
Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience and knowledge in Linux systems (1 years of experience)
- Experience in parallel programming models (MPI, OpenMP, threads,…) is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Desirable knowledge on MySQL, PYTHON and BASH script.
- Capacity to interact and build strong relations with the team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of English
- The position will be located at BSC within the Operations Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible working hours, extensive training plan, restaurant tickets, private health insurance, support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Open-ended contract due to technical and scientific activities linked to the project and budget duration
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP