SC18 will bring together the international supercomputing community in Dallas, Texas, USA, for a week of HPC, networking, data science, cloud computing and of course discussion on how to improve the diversity and inclusion in the HPC community. We are delighted to be taking part once again, and hosting a wide variety of activities. We hope to meet as many of our members, supporters and advocates as possible during the SC18 week.
Sunday 11th November, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas
The ninth international Women in HPC workshop will be held at SC18, Dallas, USA. Following the overwhelming success of the WHPC workshop at SC17 we will focus on the following topics this year:
- How to build workplace resilience and maintain well-being, while managing work stress.
- Being part of the solution: instructions for advocates and allies.
- Best practices from organizations on improving workplace diversity.
- Managing the two body problem and achieving effective work-life balance.
We will also provide opportunities aimed at promoting and providing women with the skills to thrive in HPC including:
- Short talks by women working in HPC
- Pointers on how to handle workplace conflicts and effectively respond to discrimination
- Short talks on: best practices about equity frameworks outside HPC, suggestions and challenges for women in venture capitals, effectively dealing with workplace discrimination, building a successful career, excelling in the workforce, etc.
Full details on the workshop are available here.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION FOR WORKSHOPS AND BOFS MUST BE DONE THROUGH THE SC 2018 WEBSITE.
Our events our only possible because of the generous support we receive. If you would like to support us please get in touch.