Thursday 20 June 2019
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The tenth international Women in HPC workshop will be held at ISC19, Frankfurt, Germany. This workshop provides leaders and managers in the HPC community with methods to improve diversity and also to provide early career women with an opportunity to develop their professional skills and profile. Following the overwhelming success of the 2018 WHPC workshops we will once again discuss methods and steps that can be taken to address the under-representation of women, in particular by discussing the following topics:
- Being part of the solution: instructions for advocates and allies
- Putting in place a framework to help women take leadership positions
- Building mentoring programmes that work effectively for women.
We will also provide opportunities aimed at promoting and providing women with the skills to thrive in HPC including:
- Posters and lightning talks by women working in HPC
- Short talks on: dealing with poor behaviour at work and how to help avoid it getting you down, how to deal with negative feedback, how to build writing into your daily routine and why it matters, etc.
Sponsors, organisers and supporters
If you would like to support the work of WHPC we are currently seeking supporters for the WHPC workshop at ISC19. Please get in touch to find out the benefits of getting involved.